List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Patches from 2.0.1 to 2.1
From:       Michael Brade <Michael.Brade () informatik ! uni-muenchen ! de>
Date:       2001-02-28 12:42:05

On Wednesday 28 February 2001 12:34, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 February 2001 11:13, Michael Brade wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Well, I just read a (not very friendly ;) comment about missing patches
> > from KDE 2.0.1 to 2.1. IMO this would be a really good idea since people
> > with e.g. a 56k modem don't want to download the whole bunch of files
> > every time (I had one myself...).
> >
> > If this is ok I will do the patches, I just need someone to load them up.
>
> Hmm, there are SO many changes between 2.0.1 and 2.1 ....
> Try the patch, and check its size....
> If it's not bigger than the source tarballs, then ok :)
Hmm, kdelibs-2.0.1-2.1.diff.bz2 is about 1.1 MB (kdelibs itself is 5 MB) and
kdebase-2.0.1-2.1.diff.bz2 is about 1.5 MB (kdebase is 9MB). However, I
didn't include the binary diffs (for the pngs etc) yet. So what do you think?
Didn't do the other patches yet, but this is no problem at all, now that I
have all the packages :-)

Ciao,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.