List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: freebsd and KDE 2.0.1 fixes to acinclude.m4.in
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-02-27 21:09:16

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 01:38:36PM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:

> 1) Adds a few more search paths for Qt and KDE includes and libraries.
>    I'm told that these are needed for FreeBSD:

Well, they're not really needed.  If you use the Qt or KDE ports, with
their default paths, you need to manually add --with-qt-includes=X
--with-qt-libs=X.  But as for adding /usr/local/*, I'd say just use
--prefix=/usr/local.  FWIW I disagree with having these because the ports
should explicitly specify them anyways (so that they'll work with X11BASE
!= /usr/X11R6).

> 2) Made searching for kde-config no longer a fatal error if it's not

Sounds good to me.

- alex