On Tuesday 27 February 2001 03:42, Dirk Mueller wrote: > On Die, 27 Feb 2001, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > I have heard of these problems before and suffered from it myself (when > > I change > > networks and ifdown/ifup with DHCP while running KDE). It's a bit tricky > > though :( > > well, the hostname is no longer part of the klauncher DCOP name IIRC. so > the problem should have vanished automatically already. No, not really. The dcopserver uses the hostname to identify the socket. And this .DCOPServer_$HOSTNAME_$DISPLAY file _contains_ the hostname as well. Apart from that we would need to update the $KDEHOME/tmp-$HOSTNAME and $KDEHOME/socket-$HOSTNAME links. This is all not to difficult to do, but we would need to know when the hostname changes. Maybe kded can poll the hostname? Cheers, Waldo -- bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com