List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Could Kant replace or extend KWrite in KDE ?
From:       Cullmann Christoph <crossfire () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2001-02-25 23:48:37

Am Montag, 26. Februar 2001 00:51 schrieb Waldo Bastian:
> On Sunday 25 February 2001 02:10, you wrote:
> > > The next question is then always "where?". Since kedit lives in
> > > kdeutils I suggest to put Kant there as well if it is acceptable that
> > > kdeutils depends on kdebase (for kwritepart and konsolepart).
> >
> > Right, kdeutils would be the best place :)
> > Now only one problem, Kant needs both kwrite and konsole headers. Would
> > it be possible to install them with kdebase into the kde-includedir ?
> > Shipping copys of headers which are in kdebase in kdeutils wouldn't be
> > such a good idea in my eyes.
>
> Which headers are we talking about exactly? If it is more than 1 I suggest
> to put them under kde/include/kwrite resp. kde/include/konsole. Also be
> aware that once the headers get installed there, they are part of the KDE
> API which means that they must remain binary compatible for following
> releases.
Konsole headers aren't required, have changed that.
But KWrite is under heavy construction, binary compatibility isn't reached.
It would be better to place kwrite in kdeutils, too or to place kant in
kdebase and make kwrite a subdir of kant (kwrite app and part will be
installed too with kant).

cu
Christoph