List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Again: Kdict?
From:       Christian Gebauer <gebauer () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-02-26 9:46:42

David Faure wrote:

> On Sunday 25 February 2001 22:37, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 February 2001 22:57, David Faure wrote:
> > > If it works locally too, then it's not really related to networks per se.
> > > I would rather see that one in kdeutils, no ?
> >
> > ksirc works with a local IRC server too, korn hopefully works with a local
> > POP3 server. Still, those two (and others which would run with local servers)
> > are in kdenetwork. I think kdict should go into kdenetwork because it's way
> > more useful if used with an internet connection (just like knewsticker would
> > be rather boring with local RDF files).
>
> Ah.. it needs a server,
Currently, yes. I want to remove this restriction in the future.

> it can't be used as a simple dictionary program then.
The problem with a "simple" dictionary program is that the user will
still have to download datafiles after the installation, because the
datafiles are just to huge for CVS or a kde-package. (A simple english
dictionary like wordnet or webster's takes ~10 MB).

Greetings
Christian