List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Again: Kdict?
From:       Christian Gebauer <gebauer () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-02-26 0:28:52

Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 10:26:00PM +0100, Christian Gebauer wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Currently the user needs a internet connection or a local DICT server. But
> > I think it should be possible to add support for local databases in the
> > future (using the datafiles of the commercial babylon translator and/or the
> > orginal dict-datafiles).
>
> YES! I vote for inclusion in kdeutils and support for local dict files :)
I can't promise that for KDE 2.2.

> And maybe a DCOP interface so that klipper can tell it to translate
> something :)

Sure, 'dcop kdict default definePhrase "hello"' works already:

void quit()
void makeActiveWindow()
void definePhrase(QString phrase)
void matchPhrase(QString phrase)
void defineClipboardContent()
void matchClipboardContent()
QStringList getDatabases()
QString currentDatabase()
QStringList getStrategies()
QString currentStrategy()
bool setDatabase(QString db)
bool setStrategy(QString strategy)
bool historyGoBack()
bool historyGoForward()

I use it for the panel applet that comes with Kdict 0.5.

Greetings
Christian