List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Again: Kdict?
From:       Christian Gebauer <gebauer () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-02-25 21:26:00

Hi,

I would like to ask again if I should put Kdict into kdeutils (or kdenetwork?).

Kdict is a nice tool for querying DICT servers (www.dict.org) which host
dictionaries and similar databases.

It features a web-browser-like GUI and comes with a panel applet and a
dcop-interface.

The program is not very big (~5000 loc).

Currently the user needs a internet connection or a local DICT server. But
I think it should be possible to add support for local databases in the
future (using the datafiles of the commercial babylon translator and/or the
orginal dict-datafiles).

You can find screenshots and more informations on the homepage:
http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~gebauerc/kdict/

The current version (0.5) could be released without major modifications,
what needs to be done is:
  * rewriting the old html-documentation
  * probably fixing some minor i18n problems

Greetings
Christian