List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    [Fwd: Hi, can Kant replace KWrite ?]
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-25 15:20:12

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Hi, can Kant replace KWrite ?
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 01:00:28 +0100
From: Cullmann Christoph <crossfire@babylon2k.de>
To: Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org>

Hi,
I am the projectmanager of Kant, a MDI texteditor which uses the KWrite
widget for displaying text (no MDI like you know it from windows, MDI like
you know it from Emacs or Konqueror :).

Kant has come to a level of stability which would it allow to put it into the
kde cvs i hope. I have talked with Carsten Pfeiffer and he likes Kant, like
many other kde people. ;-)

I just released a new Kant version (kant-0.2.0-prerelease) on sourceforge.net
for testing the app that you have an overview about its features.

Kant Homepage:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/kant/

newest Kant version to download:
    http://download.sourceforge.net/kant/kant-0.2.0-prerelease.tar.gz

nice screenshot of Kant:
    http://sourceforge.net/dbimage.php?id=1590
    (the konsole and sidebar can be hidden for those you think kant is more
     an IDE than an editor and this will soon be the default :)

If you want to look at the unstable development code just look into the Kant
CVS at sourceforge.net, you find the exact description to checkout at the
Kant Homepage under "CVS" (cvs-modulename: kant).

Kant links dynamic to kwritepart and konsolepart. This must be considered if
you want to put Kant into kde cvs.

I hope you like Kant, I think it would be a nice replacement for KWrite.
Could you discuss with the other main kde developer if Kant could be included
in KDE as replacement for KWrite (the kwrite part will still be
avaible for apps like konqui, since it is needed by Kant, too.) ?

cu and thx
Christoph

P.S.
Sorry for my poor English and the big tar.gz file (something isn't right with
make dist in kant, must fix it :)