List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: ParentRelative
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-02-14 14:40:04

On Monday 12 February 2001 22:05, Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 18 o'clock on Feb 12, Matthias Elter wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Some XLib expert around?
> >
> > If I set the background-pixmap attribute of a window to ParentRelative
> > (n= o
> > matter directly or by using
> > QWidget::setBackgroundMode(X11ParentRelative)= I
> > would expect X to send me Exposure events in case the windows position
> > relative to the parent changes. But it does not?!
>
> Then you'd expect too much; the background doesn't change the exposure
> behaviour.  Sorry.

Not?  I tested that a while ago and was pretty sure I got exposure.

Matthias Elter, can you try the following patch to Qt:

==== //depot/qt/2.2/src/kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp#81 -
/home/ettrich/qt-2.2/src/kernel/qapplication_x11.cpp ===@@ -4697,7 +4697,7 @@
 	    ;
     }

-    bool transbg = backgroundOrigin() == ParentOrigin;
+    bool transbg = backgroundOrigin() == ParentOrigin || backgroundMode() =X11ParentRelative ;
     if ( transbg || (!testWFlags( WNorthWestGravity ) && testWState(
WState_Exposed ) && was_resize) ) {
 	// remove unnecessary paint events from the queue
 	XEvent xevent;

Matthias