List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: gcc 3 hacks
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-02-18 9:36:04

On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 11:36:27PM +0000, David Faure wrote:

> But it soon is going to be, and we want KDE 2.1 to compile with it when it's out !

If it's broken.. it shouldn't be released.  Sure that hasn't stopped them
before, but if it's something that's violating the ANSI spec, complain to
them, complain vocally.  Since the workarounds for GCC3 are being called
hacks, I can only imagine that it is a bug in gcc, not in the KDE code. !

> Calculate how many compilation bug reports we'll get otherwise ?

Copy, then paste "You're using a broken compiler, please forward all
problem reports to the appropiate GCC maintainer." X number of times.

- alex