On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Matthias Ettrich wrote: > > A hack would be to install a passive grab over the embedded widget to detect > mouse click events, but that results in even more trouble since toolkits like > Motif (and thus Java) have problems handling replayed events. Well, with my (non-existent) X knowledge, this is not very promising for me. Restarting frozen Xservers all the time is not funny... > > What windows are you trying to embed? Why not simply putting focus on those > explicitely (QXEmbed::setFocus() ) Emacs. I'm at the point where I can remote-control it and do things like QCString filename = emacs->eval("(buffer-file-name"); I want it little bit smarter wrt embedding though :-) Bernd.