List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Multihead support for KDE 2.1
From:       Lars Knoll <lars () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-02-05 20:50:29

On Monday 05 February 2001 21:30, Kurt Granroth wrote:

> > > this is definetely a new feature and therefor does not belong into kde
> > > 2.1.
> >
> > KDE 2.1 is about new features, it's not a bugfix release.
> >
> > Brad's patch does not introduce any more GUI strings and (if carefully
> > reviewed) doesn't change things on a singlehead display at all.
> >
> > You need to explicitely set a switch in order to get a difference.
>
> I think Martin was referring to the fact that we are in a code-freeze
> for 2.1 and adding new features is forbidden.. only bug fixes are
> allowed.

Yes, we are in a codefreeze, but if the stuff was important we had already
other cases where we broke such rules. The patches are rather small and
nicely reviewable and we can probably make sure without too much effort that
they won't break anything as long as multihead support is not enabled. So why
not put them in in this case? Waiting for 2.2 will be a long time, and there
were quite some people asking for multihead support.

As a second point, we already had bugfix commits during a codefreeze, that
were bigger than these changes.

Lars