List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: argll [Re: Icon zooming, panel hide buttons]
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2001-02-02 9:55:50

On Friday 02 February 2001 00:47, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Thursday 01 February 2001 13:09, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > do we really need to tell people another: "sorry that we removed the
> > button, you can configure it in the next version"? This is getting silly.
> >
> > They're waiting months for their external taskbar and when they finally
> > get it, you take their beloved button away?
>
> Actually I like it better as it is now, but I agree with you that it
> shouldn't be left out without configure option. At the very least I would
> make it configurable in kickerrc, and I fear we can't expect much better
> because of the message freeze.
>
> Removing the current situation altogether would be a major setback imho as
> the current is better from a GUI design perspective. It's just that many
> older KDE users probably want to keep the button on the left side, so
> please make it configurable *somewhere*.

I can't make it configurable we have a feature freeze. So both buttons stay
for 2.1. Afterwards I there will be a config option to have 1/2/0 hide
buttons so everybody will be lucky.

--
There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million keyboards
for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare would be