List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Completely useless for my layout:
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-02-02 1:56:30

Moritz Moeller-Herrmann wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 03:15:49AM +0100, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> > >   Ahh ok.  Makes sense.  I was just wondering where it went.
> >

> > No, it does _not_ make sense and it does _not_ improve usability. You can
> > still move the mouse to a position on the left side of the K-Button and the
> > button will not work.
>
> I agree, please make this configurable.
>
> Also look at my (more intelligent than the MS way, IMHO) desktop layout.

Kicker forwards the events from the containing widgets to the
button to make the edges and corners work properly. If you take
a look at some of the criticisms of the MacOS X UI by Togg
(amongst others) you will see that failing to do this is one
of the major criticisms of their panels. That said, I see the
problem you point out with your current arrangement, I also
have kicker vertically, but I have the K button at the top, so
I get the full advantage from the current code. I guess
which hide buttons are visible needs to be made a config
option before 2.1.

Cheers

Rich.

     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk