List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Release schedule countdown: 2 weeks left
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2001-02-01 7:51:28

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 05:30:11PM +0100, aleXXX wrote:

> the last day for commits for KDE 2.1 final is Monday, February 12th, so there
> are exactly *2 weeks* left for bugfixing.

Heh... and we'll need it.  There are still bits that are nearly unusable
(or completely depending on how you're looking at it).  knewsticker
anyone?  Load it internally and it'll crash kicker, don't and it'll hang
kicker/kwin.  Click on its little arrow button and the stuff scrolls by at
about 2x the rate it was before.. If you're lucky it'll take kdesktop down
with it.  'Course konqy's url completions are very slow (need to
unconditionally kill that debug message before release).

Can you tell I just lost a bunch of work on kdedb?  Grr.

Grrrrrr.

- alex