List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    argll [Re: Icon zooming, panel hide buttons]
From:       Matthias Ettrich <ettrich () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-02-01 2:15:49

On Wednesday 31 January 2001 20:09, George Staikos wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 January 2001 14:12, Richard Moore wrote:
> > George Staikos wrote:
> > > Was/is icon zooming on the panel broken?  Since my last recompile (less
> > > than a week I think), icon zooming doesn't happen anymore.  It is
> > > enabled in the control module.  Also, the right side collapse/hide
> > > button on kicker is there, but the left side collapse/hide button is
> > > gone.
> >
> > The latter is an improvement - it improves the usability of kicker
> > by making the K menu gain the Fitt's advantage of being in the
> > corner.
>
>   Ahh ok.  Makes sense.  I was just wondering where it went.

No, it does _not_ make sense and it does _not_ improve usability. You can
still move the mouse to a position on the left side of the K-Button and the
button will not work.

So what's the point of this commit? Either we improve usability or we don't.
But this commit just removes a feature without adding anything.

I want my left hide button back. I _never_ used the right one (Kalle added it
when Gnome came up with their own panel that had two buttons).

Matthias