List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Why isn't there a KDE2 Beta 2 announcement?
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2001-01-30 16:48:27

At 08:36 AM 1/30/2001, you wrote:
>Martijn Klingens wrote:
> >
> > I just surfed to the KDE homepage because I needed some information, and I
> > discovered that there is no announcement for Beta2! Only Beta1 is
> mentioned,
> > but all the packages for the various systems are available on the ftp site.
> >
> > Why is this? I can't find the release schedule in my pile of old mail, so I
> > may be just a bit early, but it seems that someone forgot to update the
> site.
>
>I sent the draft press releases to kde-pr yesterday (that was the release
>date)
>but nobody has responded so far.  Should I go ahead and post it on the dot?

I would say that it would be good if the installation instructions page
could be updated to at least be correct.  There are simple things like
stating 'bunzip' when it is now 'bunzip2'.  I know this is obvious for
people that have been doing it, but it's not obvious to anyone getting into
it.  There are a lot of problems like this in the sites in general, too
much assumption is made and very little explanation.

>Ciao,
>
>Andreas Pour
>
>http://www.kde.com/ :  Everything KDE
>http://apps.kde.com/:  The Latest in KDE Applications