List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Taskbar and panel broken stuff
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2001-01-27 8:59:15

On Friday 26 January 2001 03:14, mosfet wrote:
> Okay, I updated because I'm doing some style stuff and noticed some massive
> taskbar and panel breakage:
>
> 1) The taskbar no longer uses the proper KStyle routine -
> drawKickerTaskButton. This breaks several styles, including highcolor.

The taskbar is using QStyle::drawPanel instead. We should mark
KStyle::drawkickerTaskButton obsolete.

> 2) The taskbar no longer propagates mouse events when there isn't a button,
> so at least on my system you no longer can configure the panel with right
> clicking in the empty space in the taskbar - which takes up all available
> space ;-) You have to use the menus.

Hm, right. I think the Corel changes to make the panel scrollable broke this.
I will have a look.

> 3) Background pixmaps for the panel have lines in them that shouldn't be
> there.

Eh?

--
There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million keyboards
for a million years, eventually all the works of Shakespeare would be