List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for much more stable nsplugins
From:       Wynn Wilkes <wynnw () calderasystems ! com>
Date:       2001-01-25 21:10:16

On Thursday 25 January 2001 01:58 pm, Stefan Schimanski wrote:
> On Thursday 25 January 2001 21:04, Charles Samuels wrote:

> > > It's commented out. I enabled it locally but it sucks (read: arts
> > > output is stuttering). Can someone please look at this (/me looks as
> > > Stefan W. ;)
> >
> > That's better than Konqueror locking up, the plugin never appearing. and
> > me being forced to kill artsd, or kill nspluginviewer, no?
>
> I agree. Maybe it would have been best to add a checkbox to the arts and/or
> nsplugin kcontrol module. But as the next release is waitung just behind
> the next door, it's a bit late. Maybe next time....
Couldn't you put in the code to check the KConfig object for artsdsp options,
and make it a hidden option for now, and add the gui configuration part after
2.1?  It would be very nice- people could edit their own kcmnspluginrc to add
a boolean option for UseArtsdsp...if they have a working artsdsp setup.

That was done for kmail in the 2.0 release and was very helpful.

Wynn
--
Wynn Wilkes
Caldera Systems, Inc.