List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: DCOPServer hanging on non responding client.
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-01-24 0:43:23

On Tuesday 23 January 2001 16:49, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 January 2001 00:44, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > The following patch seems to solve this problem beyond my wildest
> > expectations.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Waldo
>
> What danger of potential data loss does this method have?

Well, that's the scary part. It seems to lose no data at all for reasons
beyond me. I had expected that once the buffer fills up, we would get
write-errors and that the dcop connection would be dropped due to errors...

...but that doesn't seem to happen.

I managed to send 12000 messages from one client to another client who
processed one message per second and he received the first 274 messages
without problem. At message 275 I aborted it. The messages contained a
QString of about 40 characters.

Lemme see if there is a limit on the message size.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com