List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: why is there so little KDE PR ?
From:       Lotzi Boloni <boloni () cplane ! com>
Date:       2001-01-19 23:02:25

  Ok, what I want to say is that the HelixCode funding is a major win for
them. People tend to speak ill of the venture capitalist companies, but at
the moment when they got that money, suddenly a number of very pushy, very
ambitious, very well connected people suddenly become very interested for
them to succeed. 15 mill. from VC-s worth well more than the fuzzy promises
from Sun about 50 developers (and we know that they didn't put even 3-4). We
also can not say that Helix code is JUST vapourware (this would certainly fit
Easel more who is using probably more than 50% of its funding for the hype
machine).

> I think that finding people who write
> such books/articles in books/(printed) magazines is the most improtant
> thing we need right now to make more people work on KDE-apps and thereby
> create more news about KDE.

   Well, there are two development books out, David Sweet et al., and mine,
and I think there are 2-3 more in preparation.

   But books are not hype machine, and we need a bit more of that, too.

                 Lotzi