List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase dependency on arts.. which won't install...
From:       Michael Matz <matz () ifh ! de>
Date:       2001-01-18 21:37:55

Hi,

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> > And in which file is the result? (What's the name after -o in the g++
> > command)?
>
> This?
>
> /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link gcc \
> -DARTSC_BACKEND='"/usr/local/kde/lib/libartscbackend.la"' -O2 -gstabs3 -Wall -W \
>                 -ansi -pedantic -pipe  -o libartsdsp.la -rpath
> /usr/local/kde/lib -no-undefined -module artsdsp.lo libartsc.la

Hmm, did you configure with --silent? That's the libtool command. I wanted
to know the gcc command, which libtool build to link the library.
Meanwhile the cause seem to be found (by Harri and Brad). It's C source,
so the the ltcf-c.sh configuration of libtool will be used...

... Wait...
I'm a dumb ass... *fixing* ... Done. Try again.
I had no sleep for 24 hours as I changed ltcf-c.sh yesterday, so this
might explain it. OTOH I still wasn't in bed, and it's 26 hours ago, so
don't expect wonders ;-)

Ciao,
Michael.