List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: why is there so little KDE PR ?
From:       Alessandro Praduroux <pradu () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2001-01-18 11:43:12

On Thursday 18 January 2001 14:01, aleXXX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> everytime I look around on the net I find many more news about GNOME
> related stuff than about ours. One example: on www.lwn.net there is almost
> every week something about a new version of Galeon in the "Browsers"
> section, Konqy *never* appeared there until now. :-(
> Is it possible that a cause might be that we release always complete
> packages (kdebase, kdenetwork,...) so that the single apps are not so well
> honoured by our users ?
> Are there any activities of the KDE League ?
> (this week on www.lwn.net there is again an article about GNOME and IBM)
> I had a look at the home page of our "league", the only entry in "News" was
> "KDE league was formed" :-(
>
> (I didn't send this to kde-devel in order not to create an endless
> flamewar-like thread)
>
> Bye
> Alex

well, at least one component of the League is active, and we've managed to
get cited in lwn daily news (http://lwn.net/daily/#t5). It seems we dind't
get it in time for this week development news, sadly.

And some rows below it there is also a news about the docbook compilation
service available at kde.com.

I know isn't enough, but it's a start.

--
Pradu