List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature freeze and message freeze
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2001-01-16 13:28:59

On Tuesday 16 January 2001 13:54, Harri Porten wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> > Anyway, I added kdetoys and kdepim.
> > Don't mention partial releases, they're an utopia.
>
> Not if we released seperated apps instead of the whole package :P

I think releasing packages instead of separate tarballs for all applications
makes perfect sence. Just think of the cunfusion which tarball to install
first or which version of kmail works with kdelibs-2.1beta2.

Everybody is still free to release updated versions of their applications
independent of official KDE releases. The kmail team for example seems to
plan this for the IMAP enabled kmail version.

Bye,
Matthias

--
... no I don't think so.