List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Beta (alpha?) testers for KExtendedSocket
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiagom () mail ! com>
Date:       2001-01-15 19:15:25

Having almost finished everything in KExtendedSocket, I now require
other people to test it for me. There is a patch here:
http://loki.nw.com.br/development/kde-ipv6-1.diff

At this stage, I don't even expect it to compile in a setup different
from mine (i.e., Linux with glibc 2.1). So, what I need to know now
is:
- if it compiles on your system
- if it doesn't, what is broken and what is missing?
- if you managed to fix, what did you do?
- suggestions?

I have modified kdecore/configure.in.in for some autoconf checks we
will probably need and I didn't want to modify the topdir
configure.in.in. So you'll need to make -f Makefile.cvs after you
apply my patch (patch -p0, mind you).

What I kind of expect not to work:
- systems that know nothing about (POSIX) O_NONBLOCK and use O_NDELAY
only
- systems without getaddrinfo function & family
- systems without PF_INET6
- systems without sockaddr_in6 and a couple functions

For those, I am developing workarounds right now.

--
  Thiago Macieira - UFOT Registry number: 1001
 thiagom@mail.com talha@geocities.com

183/379. Is that why you came down so hard on him? A formal reprimand
for being intimate with a young woman? -- Cmdr. Chakotay, "The
Disease"