List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    crypto in kde
From:       George Staikos <staikos () nitro ! 0wned ! org>
Date:       2001-01-15 18:29:20

I just saw this posted on dot.kde.org in the new apps box:
http://www.eskimo.com/~weidai/cryptlib.html

I haven't read the code yet, but the description on the web page looks very
good.  It seems to provide everything I had hoped to provide except for
probability distribution classes.  Also I haven't checked the code yet to
see if it is very heavy (or better, if the algorithms are all pluggable
modules).  In any case, I think it would be a good idea to consider this
library as a nominee for our crypto support library.  It will be able to
provide MD5 for all the components which need it, plus much much more.  It
seems to have good PRNGs, builtin gzip/zlib, bignum, and all the tools we
need for making encrypted files and IPC.

Any comments or concerns?