List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Releas Schedule on 2.1 at developer.kde.org
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-01-10 12:42:14

David Faure wrote:
> =

> On Wednesday 10 January 2001 11:14, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > for a small update on my side about the 2.1 release regarding kdevelo=
p,
> > two things:
> >
> > -packagers notice that the KDevelop they need is in tag -rKDEVELOP_1_=
4
> > and the version number is 1.4 (developer.kde.org says 1.3)
> oops. Ok, fixed the version number and added the tag name.
> =

> > -kdesdk is not included in that release. Is it possible to include at=

> > least apps like kdoc (preferrable 2.0.36a that works on all systems t=
hat
> > have an older perl installed in opposition to the current kdoc in CVS=

> > that requires a newer perl) and kbabel ? Otherwise we=B4ll get some g=
ood
> > comments about why that whole thing doesn=B4t work completely and peo=
ple
> > have to get additional stuff somewhere.
> =

> Hmm, so you want to release an old version ? Interesting :)
> I assumed that the kdoc from KDE 2.0.1 [not the one in 2.0] was working=

> fine. Isn't that the case ?
Well, I think that at least on the kdesdk2 package that suse provides
for KDE 2.0 it works but I guess they=B4ve put a working kdoc into kdesdk=

and ship it together as one package.
So why isn=B4t kdesdk included anyway ? That=B4s because of KBabel here f=
or
the most important case. putting a working copy of kdoc into kdesdk is
another option to be called reasonable, that means the kdoc module
doesn=B4t have to be changed at all, Taj can continue his work there and
the developer only needs to get kdesdk and the kdevelop package to start
with everything. A working kdoc is the most important here because
otherwise you=B4re stuck with no API at all, whether you use makekdedoc
manually or from within kdevelop (kdevelop now works with both ways).

> Does Taj plan to fix the kdoc in CVS to not require a recent perl ?
Don=B4t know but I guess not. Taj ?

-- =

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Oscar Wilde

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org

nolden@kde.org