List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Email, EMail or E-Mail?
From:       rik () kde ! org
Date:       2001-01-03 18:41:13

#if Richard Moore
> According to dictionary.com:
>
> e-mail or e·mail also E-mail (ml)
> n.
>
> A system for sending and receiving messages electronically over a computer
> network, as between personal computers.
> A message or messages sent or received by such a system.
>
> tr.v. e-mailed, e-mail·ing, e-mails
> To send (a message) by such a system
>
> http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=email

According to the Oxford English Dictionary:

e-mail (also email)
* Noun: Electronic mail.
* Transitive verb:
  1. send e-mail to (a person).
  2. send by e-mail.

So you can use either.

According to me, it's 'email', because I'm too lazy to type '-' :)

Rik - surprised the Americans haven't changed it to 'emayl' yet.