List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    .pics dirs
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-12-20 16:57:22

Hi,

as most know generated thumbnails are saved in the .pics dirs in the current dir.
I don't see any other solve so thats fine.

What I do think is a 'missing feature' is the problem that in dirs where pictures
are deleted the thumbnails are not deleted. This means that the content of the
.pics dirs will grow over time.

One possible solve would be to keep an qlist of the content of the .pics dir
and delete items from the list if the file is found in the currentdir. The items
that are left after the whole dir is displayed are orphans and can savely be
removed.

Thoughts?