On Tuesday 19 December 2000 01:39, Waldo Bastian wrote: > On Monday 18 December 2000 20:31, Dawit Alemayehu wrote: > > > > > 2) modify KURL to accept the raw IPv6 addresses in URL (RFC 2732) > > > > This is almost done since KURL is a generic parser. It needs a few > > modifications to adhere to the additional minor changes imposed by this > > spec. I am planning to re-write the parser for 2.2 or whatever the later > > release is for the 2.x series so I will make sure that KURL is capable of > > understanding IPv6... > > I don't like the idea of rewriting KURL. It has been rewritten before and > it took 2 years to get all the details right again. I don't think there is > anything fundamentally wrong with the current KURL class. Let's just keep > it and fix whatever problems we encounter in the current code. Well I was only thinking about re-writing the parser and only the parser as a comparison... > I had a look at RFC2732 btw, do they really think anyone in his right mind > is going to type in a IPv6 address? I mean, people are hardly able to type > http:// in front of an URL! My sentiments exactly :) Perhaps they actually assumed that most people will not be bothering with the numerical based URL representations and just stick to easy domain based representations ? Regards, Dawit A.