List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Bringing IPv6 to KDE
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-18 19:23:07

On Wednesday 13 December 2000 18:20, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hi,

> I have come up with this idea of making KDE entirely IPv6 compatible.

Coolness

> So, I think it's best to start from the scratch
> (i.e., not use my patch for 1.92) and implement whatever people here
> find useful or needed.

Can you send me your old patch so that I get an idea of what needs to be done?

> Unlike the other steps, Step 2 can be started now. I can do it myself,
> but I'd rather KURL maintainers did it themselves. They're more
> familiar with the code anyways.

I have a look at it.

> Now, I am a beginner in the KDE coding world, so I will need some
> advice. Is there any crash course of guidelines I should be familiar?
> Any coding style I should be aware of?

If you make changes to existing files you should try to stick with the style
of that file. Apart from that set/get functions in the API should be named
setXxxx() and xxxx(). And private member variables should be placed in a
private class and acessed via a d pointer:

KMyClass {
private:
   KMyClassPrivate *d;
}