Alex Zepeda wrote: > > On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 10:32:44PM -0500, Cristian Tibirna wrote: > > > did anybody think of roaming kde config? Using LDAP or some other kind of > > server... > > It should be pretty simple to do... simply migrate kstddirs to KURLs and > have KConfig and the like use KIO instead of QFile/read/write. > Oh gosh - that's the next level. We started with hardcoding paths, then we used getenv("KDEDIR"), then we used KApplication::kdedir(), then KApplication::kde_configdir(), now kstddirs and now we're even network transparent? That would be overcool - but it would slow down KDE as well I'm afraid Greetings, Stephan -- Frauen und Maenner passen vielleicht nicht zusammen, aber meine allerschoensten Schrammen habe ich mir bei diesem Duell geholt. -- Reinhard Mey