List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    mkstemps problem
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-16 16:51:02

I'm having a problem with mkstemps.  I just updated from cvs and now it won't
compile.  I would change things in CVS but I'm not sure exactly what your
intentions are.  Basically ktempfile assumes mkstemps is available.  mkstemps
is available only if mkstemp is NOT available.  My system has mkstemp.
Therefore ktempfile doesn't compile.

revision 1.17
date: 2000/12/14 02:19:16;  author: mueller;  state: Exp;  lines: +16 -46
use mkstemps instead of the unbelievably broken implementation before.
it had all features beginning from an exploitable fatal buffer overflow
over to not supplying correct parameters to syscalls and not respecting
file mode permissions. once more: system-specific #ifdefs suck!

revision 1.22
date: 2000/12/14 02:07:42;  author: mueller;  state: Exp;  lines: +79 -6
.. and  implement mkstemps for platforms that don't supply it

--

George Staikos