Falk Brettschneider wrote: > RMB on the desktop opens a popup menu. > I choose "Run Command", type the word "netscape", click Options, click > "Run as different user", enter a valid username (diffent than me), click > into the edit box for the password, type the right password for that > user and click "Run". > For several seconds, the CPU load is 100% (but there's no application > button in the taskbar of the desktop panel), then CPU load is 0% again > and nothing happens at all - no Netscape started. For some people kdesu doesn't seem to work... What OS/distro are you using? Could you send me a trace of the conversation between su <-> kdesu. You can do this by adding a printf() around line 154 of kdelibs/kdesu/su.cpp, method SuProcess::ConverseSU(). Thanks! Greetings, Geert