List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: switching between the desktops is slow
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-12-12 0:37:01

On Tuesday 12 December 2000 00:29, aleXXX wrote:
> On Monday 11 December 2000 23:46, David Faure wrote:
> >On Monday 11 December 2000 20:49, aleXXX wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I noticed that when I switch between the desktops xosview show me up to 2
> >> seconds after redrawing has appearently finished 100 % CPU usage.
> >> This gets worse if my box is busy.
> >>
> >> I have kdebase and libs from  1 or 2 weeks ago.
> >> I have kicker, xosview sticky, xmms sticky, kpager sticky running.
> >
> >Right click on the page, and uncheck "Enable KPager". Does it fix the
> > problem ? I guess so.
>
> On which "page" ?
>
> Hmm, terminating the pager didn't help that much :-(

You need to restart kicker or kde :(
I just found out it doesn't deactivate the desktop grabbing when it's turned off.
I'm fixing this...

On Tuesday 12 December 2000 00:27, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> Why does this "enhanced" pager have to do anything AT ALL? Can't it do all
> necessary calculation when it becomes visible?

I guess it would be _really_ slow to grab N desktops at once.

This should be discussed with Alexandr Makaryk <alexandrm@corel.com>, I'm not
sure he's on this list.

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/