List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: Adding MD5-C++ implemetation to kdelibs
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2000-12-10 23:45:55

On Sun, Dec 10, 2000 at 09:44:01PM +0000, rik@kde.org wrote:

> #if George Staikos
> > 3) We definitely need something to be done because we have this code all over
> > the place in various forms (including kmail).
>
> Well the code is tiny, so let's just have it in libkmd5, eh ?

Hmm...

> BTW, I think it would be nice if we had a base64 codec in a lib too,
> as that's used in many places.

Yes.

How about some sort of kdeutil library that doesn't really have stuff that
would be used by every KApp (like kdecore), but really is too small to
have its own library (I can only imagine -lqstringiostreamoperators
-lqdict -l... ahh).

Hmm, in fact I seem to have gotten smtp digest authentication to
work.. just need to flesh out some base64 encoding/decoding methods.. and
then setup postfix to test it all..

- alex