List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    "Run Command" as different user doesn't work
From:       Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2000-12-10 17:57:53

Hi,

RMB on the desktop opens a popup menu.
I choose "Run Command", type the word "netscape", click Options, click
"Run as different user", enter a valid username (diffent than me), click
into the edit box for the password, type the right password for that
user and click "Run".
For several seconds, the CPU load is 100% (but there's no application
button in the taskbar of the desktop panel), then CPU load is 0% again
and nothing happens at all - no Netscape started.

When open a konsole, switching the user by su and typing "netscape" and
RETURN it works.

So it seems it's a bug.
I don't know where to debug this.
Any idea what it could be?