List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RFC: Adding MD5-C++ implemetation to kdelibs
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-10 12:30:56

Hi,

Currently every application that needs to make use of a MD5 (RFC 1321) library is
forced to supply its own code in KDE.  Some *nix systems, at least FreeBSD IIRC,
seem to provide their own c-based implementation while many others do not.
Anyways, inorder to make sure the existence of this library and avoid duplicated
code from being added to CVS.  So I searched for and found a C++ implementation
which I have extended and modified it for use in KDE. Currently for example imap4,
pop3 and http io-slaves provide their own copies of the MD5 implementation!  Can I
add this to CVS ? If so where kdecore, kio ?

A standalone compilable version of this is attached below for review.  I also will be
adding to this implementation of (RFC 2617) so it can also be used by any app that
desires it...

Regards,
Dawit A.

CODE: http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/code/kmd5.tgz