List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: CDDA Standard ?
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2000-12-07 15:26:00

>On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:14:50PM +0100, Michael Matz wrote:
>
>> > /By Name/Track Name/trackNN.cda
>> > /By Name/Track Name/Track Name.wav
>> >
>> > /By Number/track01/trackNN.cda
>> > /By Number/track01/Track Name.wav
>>
>> Even more elaborate, but much double info.
>
>Sure, but it is a virtual file system, so those files exist mainly with
>the help of an additional if statement.  Not too bloated IMO. :)

Well, then who is going to implement it?

I want to have a very simple solution _now_, without
virtual/physical directories and trees and so on.
And remember: We do not have CDDB support at all.

The Drag/Drop needs to pass at least

audiocd:/dev/sg0/trackNN.cda
<proto>:<device><trackNN>.cda

But we still do not have this simple solution!
Because of the feature freeze etc.. can someone implement
this? Or do we compile the audiocd plugin by default?
If not, lets forget all this.

regards,

Martin