List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Release schedule for KDE 2.1 Beta 1
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-12-07 11:15:49

On Wednesday 06 December 2000 20:17, aleXXX wrote:
> What is the current status of kOffice, isn't there a extra branch for kword ?

Nobody said KOffice would be part of this release.
It's kdelibs, kdebase, and any other module we estimate ready.

In my opinion, KOffice would benefit from a different release schedule.
KWord's new branch isn't yet ready, Krayon neither (AFAIK),
KChart, hmmm.

OTOH kivio is looking great, kspread has been improved again,
and there are new interesting filters.

We should really get more people working on KWord's branch, it's what's
dragging everything :(

I thought about helping with it, but still didn't find time for that. Hopefully
next year...

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/