List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: system sound
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-05 19:46:15

The current way of configuring sound is much too confusing. It's nice that we
have a generic notification mechanism, but 90% of the users just want to have
sound instead of a messagebox (9% doesn't care at all, and I guess 1% wants
to have something other than sounce) ((percentages completely fictional :-))

So I think we should assume that the users wants to have sounds for the
notifications with an option to use something else.

Cheers,
Waldo