List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: CDDA Standard ?
From:       Michael Matz <matz () ifh ! de>
Date:       2000-12-05 17:09:26

Hi,

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Martin Vogt wrote:
> now that konqueror can view audio tracks with the audiocd:
> reader we should define a standard how this is passed
> when the user drags such an entry to notatun.
>
> The current extension .wav is not working because artsd
> creates a WAVPlayObject for a wav extension, such we need another extension.
> I suggest .cda would be fine.
>
> Then, if someone adds CDDB support we still need the track
> info, because the CDDAPlayObject/cdparanoia does not open a track
> by the CDDB name, but by "track X".
> Then we should define the protocolname as well.

So, we need two views on the contents of a CD, one logical (the nice one
with names) and a physical. We either can code that difference in a
directory name, or in the protocal. I suggest the former, so that each
track has two URLs:
audiocd:/physical/track01.cda
audiocd:/<Title of CD>/<Name of Track 1>.wav

Were the second directory only is available, when there is CDDB info
(either locale or remote).

Ciao,
Michael.