List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: netwm.cpp seriously broken?
From:       "Bradley T.Hughes" <bhughes () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-12-04 13:37:41

On Monday 04 December 2000 11:50, Matthias Ettrich wrote:
> Sunday 03 December 2000 22:57 wrote Waldo Bastian:
> > On Sunday 03 December 2000 08:52, Bradley T.Hughes wrote:
> > > I'm curious as to how the calls are failing.  The change was made over
> > > a week ago, and noone (until now) has expressed any problems.
> >
> > I do notice that I can't deiconify the windows by cliking on
> > them in kicker's taskbar. Not sure if that's related and/or
> > fixed already.
>
> Oops... is this a  BC issue?

It's not a binary compatibility issue, I made sure of that when I checked the
changes in.  I'm still confused in how things are failing.  The string
properties that he's talking about didn't change one bit outside of the NET*
classes... the only thing that changed was the property type that the strings
are stored in.  NETWinInfo::visibleName() should return the exact same thing
it did in 2.0

> Brad, I've seen that once and for me, recompiling kicker helped.

Strange, the only changes I made were in netwm*, things just should have
worked ( seems they never do ;) )

> Matthias
>
> > Cheers,
> > Waldo

Bradley T. Hughes <bhughes@trolltech.com>
Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98B N-0175 Oslo, Norway
Office: +47 21604892
Mobile: +47 92019781