List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Alpha blending
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-01 5:05:41

Hi Keith,

On Friday 01 December 2000 05:31, you wrote:
> > Now if I could only configure konqueror to make the views
> > semi-transparent ... ;)
>
> 	http://www.xfree86.org/~keithp/render/translucent.png
>
> shows true translucent windows; is that what you want?
>
> keithp@keithp.com	 XFree86 Core Team		SuSE, Inc.

No -- there is one thing in the screenshot that bugs me: you're using the
wrong windowmanager *grin* -- or is it kwin with a new twm-style?

Thanks for all your work on the Alpha-blending-stuff in XFree 4.x :-)

Greetings,
Tackat

PS: Did I already mention that it would be really cool to have damn-fast
semitransparent menus, widgets and windows in KDE once Keith's work appears
in a stable version of XFree? Oh -- I already did? And many other people also
did? Then I guess we will have that soon ...