List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    QListView repaint/update problem
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () rz ! tu-ilmenau ! de>
Date:       2000-11-29 13:59:51

Hi,

try konqy with any of the listviews, e.g. detailed listview.
Now scroll down using the down arrow key.

On my machine (K6 200) the selected item drags a "tail" behind itself, i.e.
there are temporarily more than one item selected. Everything is okay again
if I release the key.
Sometimes it happens that if I press the down key, I see the statusbar
changing but the "cursor" doesn't move down, it jumps to the correct position
when I release the key again.

The code is in KListView::konquerorKeyPressEvent().
I had a look at the code of QListView and it seems to me that this behaviour
is caused by the various timers in the d-pointer of QListView.

Does anybody know how to make it better ?

Bye
Alex