List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: New ctor for KAboutApplication
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-11-23 21:22:13

On Thursday 23 November 2000 20:24, Richard Moore wrote:
> Frerich Raabe wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'd like to add a second constructor to KAboutApplication, which allows
> > to specify a custom KAboutData object - this is especially useful for
> > libraries, which have no way to pass a KAboutData object to KGlobal.
> > Are there any objections, suggestions or recommendations on this?
> > Otherwise I'll just go on and add that second constructor.

How can a library be a KUniqueApplication ? I don't understand.

> Go for it - we can use this for applets, extensions, styles,
> Konq viewers...

?? How can extensions, styles and parts be kuniqueapplications ?

KApplication doesn't have such a constructor [anymore], I don't understand why
KUniqueApplication should have it, since it's supposed to be a drop-in
replacement for the former.
It's KCmdLineArgs that gets the about-data.... A KApp/KUniqueApp constructor
that takes the about-data directly is an open door to apps without cmdline
args support...
I guess applets are a case of unique-apps for which cmdline support doesn't
matter, though. But not necessarily unique either.

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/