List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.0.1 and 2.1 Release Schedule
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-11-22 15:27:24

On Monday 20 November 2000 23:12, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 06:19:12PM -0100, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> > > Yes, this is sensible, and all the feedback I've been getting says the same :)
> > >
> > > My goal was to release HEAD this year. But it doesn't have to be 2.1 final,
> > > a Beta instead is fine with me.
> >
> > Seconded.
>
> Yes, that sounds good. Both (2.0.1/2.1.0) will be full releases I suppose?
> Otherwise I would like to have at least kdemultimedia included. Lots of
> new stuff there.

2.0.1 will of course include all modules, since they all benefit from better
documentation now.

For 2.1, it's open to discussion. If you say kdemultimedia should be in it,
no problem it will be. But for instance koffice might not be ready to be
released at the same time - because of the kword_richtext branch, which
should definitely be finished before releasing a new kword.
Anyway, we'll see when the time comes, but the point is, it's not mandatory
that all modules be released at the same time.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org