List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: crash on startup
From:       Michael Matz <matz () ifh ! de>
Date:       2000-11-17 11:28:35

Hi,

On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > Remember, that Stephan uses Solaris. Memory layout there is different from
> > linux.
>
> I remember. Do you think its a valid address?

Yes.

> Maybe, maybe not. If it is correctly loaded, then there must have been
> some memory corruption, because the crash in the QBrush::operator= is
> not possible.

I know. Because of this theoretical impossibility I remember this crash at
all ;-) It's a memory corruption somewhere, but I didn't find it back
then. IIRC I debugged down to assembler level (having compiled without
debug infos), but all I got was confidence, that somewhen a parameter by
reference was pointing to garbage (which theoretically is impossible, as
the object was allocated on the stack), without finding a cause. I don't
remember if there was any dlopen() before. I don't even remember if it was
connected to styles at all (but I think so). I only know, that it was also
in QColorGroup/QBrush environment.

Currently on Solaris I only have a KDE compiled with CC, and here it's
not crashing there (although it's not the current HEAD).

Ciao,
Michael.