List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: crash on startup
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-11-16 17:16:29

On Don, 16 Nov 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Perhaps someone has an idea, I'm out of it. The apps crash always if
> I use the hcstyle, but they work just fine if I make sure the default
> style is used (rm hcstyle.la does wonders :)

It has nothing to do with hcstyle.la but happens with ANY style that is
dlopened, right? or wrong?

> #5  0xfe6b3178 in QApplication::setStyle (style=0x343c0)
>     at kernel/qapplication.cpp:946
> #6  0xfec9102c in KApplication::applyGUIStyle (this=0xffbef070)
>     at kapp.cpp:1398

judging from the pointer value I don't think ::setStyle is called with a
valid pointer. the parameter is the return value of the
"allocate" function in the style, which simply returns new HCStyle.

this is probably a bug in the lt_dlopen stuff then. have fun debugging it.

Dirk