On Monday 13 November 2000 5:57 pm, David Faure wrote: > On Monday 13 November 2000 17:53, Matt Koss wrote: > > On Monday 13 November 2000 12:47 pm, Stephan Kulow wrote: > > > David Faure wrote: > > > > On Monday 13 November 2000 11:42, aleXXX wrote: > > > > > Well, the signals processedFiles() and processedDirs() seem to be > > > > > used only internally and could be replaced with direct call to the > > > > > observer, can I do it ? > > > > > > > > Same answer as for copying(). Not used in the current state of things > > > > where most apps use the uiserver, but used by DefaultProcess and > > > > StatusBarProgress if you connect them directly to a job. > > > > > > > > The funny thing in all that is that the nice feature of connecting a > > > > job to a statusbar directly isn't even used by konqueror :) > > > > But it's there for other apps... > > > > > > The question really is if it's useful at all to have a million > > > statusbar changes or if you don't want it to delete/copy/move as soon > > > as possible. As Alex pointed out the signal is quite expensive, so I > > > think the timer solution makes sense for _every_ massive information to > > > be displayed. > > > > > > Greetings, Stephan > > > > All this is in the place only for customized progress dialogs. I agree > > that status-bar progress widget will not use all of it. > > However, that's how it's designed in order to allow people to show > > progress of the I/O in the way they want it, e.g. by creating as > > super-cool-special progress dialog. > > I think you missed the point :). Now that we all agree that those signals > should remain, Stephan's point (and Alex's commit to DeleteJob) are about > emitting those signals less often, because for local directories (or very > fast FTP etc.) it's useless to update the UI every 0.00001 seconds. > I'm definitely ok with a similar patch to CopyJob, but I'll let that task > to Alex since he gained experience in that domain when patching DeleteJob > :) Ah, ok then. 'cause I just remembered that Caitoo is using these signals exactly for the special progress dialog. Regards Matt -- Matt Koss e-mail: koss@miesto.sk